A new centralized website unified branding and increased service
Facts & Figures
- Online communication platform with information for locals and visitors of Copenhagen.
- The website is specifically meant for new city dwellers providing information and easy access to Copenhagen´s infrastructure.
- To replace the CITY OF COPENHAGEN’s outdated, complex intranet system with a new Drupal powered system.
- Need to reduce costs.
- Need to unify City of Copenhagen’s branding.
- Need to increase service.
- UX, UI Design
- Customer experience strategy
- Multi Platform Apps
A new website centralised and streamlined the City of Copenhagen’s online presence.
The new Drupal-powered intranet serves over 45,000 employees across seven districts.
The platform offers a variety of features including sites on demand, content sharing with other sites, fast response times, the ability to to scale the platform with demand, easy- to-edit technology accessible to editors.
The City of Copenhagen also needed an easy way to share content to communicate via the websites. They needed a primary public platform for the citizens of Copenhagen to visit and an intranet to manage communication with the private employees of the city.
Maintenance became costly and cumbersome with over 1,000 websites on different CMS platforms. One of our biggest tasks was to replace the City of Copenhagen’s outdated, complex intranet system with a new Drupal powered system.
We built a new website that made customisation easy for the different needs for shareholders and site owners. Our team created a multi-site solution controlled by an Aegir instance that has a group of secondary systems and platforms. We also installed a separate Drupal installation profile for all sites.