Putting an icon into perspective
Fact & Figures
- Founded in 1869 in Germany
- internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products
- legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long term tradition of excellence in the construction of lenses and optical devices
- Full migration from legacy CMS with deep integration of PIM and eCommerce solutions
- Audits & Technical consultancy
- UX & UI design
- Web Development
- Continuous Development
- Revamped UX & UI
- Stable, scalable and extendable application
- Highly optimized backend handling
- Interactive scrollytelling page for immersive product presentation of Leica’s new flagship product M11
Thomas Haustein, Head of Platform, Leica Camera AG
The objective of the project was to relaunch leica-camera.com to be a state-of-the-art website for brand and product communication. The site needed to be fully migrated from a legacy CMS with deep integration of PIM, eCommerce and CRM solutions.
There was a fixed budget for the MVP launch and lots of issues along the way. The interesting thing here is how we learned from our mistakes, improved and established a relationship based on trust, expertise and dedication.
- Scoping of the MVP and backlog creation
- UX & UI development
- Drupal development
FFW revamped Leica Camera AG’s web presence by creating a product and interface that is intuitive, simple and efficient. Now, Leica Camera AG has a stable, scalable and extendable application. Backend handling was significantly improved as well. A deeper layer of communicating was added by introducing an interactive scrollytelling page for immersive product presentation of Leica’s new flagship product M11.
FFW’s powerful architecture met Leica Camera AG’s needs for scalability, flexibility, and adaptation to the company’s needs efficiently and quickly.