Upgrading From Drupal 7 For Reduced Costs and Inefficiencies
Facts & Figures
College of Staten Island
- The College of Staten Island (CSI) is a four-year, senior college of The City University of New York. It’s home to the Chazanoff School of Business, School of Education, and School of Health Sciences, as well as The Verrazzano School Honors Program, the Macaulay Honors College University Scholars program and the Teacher Education Honors Academy.
- CSI has over 1,800 faculty and staff, and an enrollment of 12,000+ students.
- CSI provides exceptional opportunities to all of its students and offers doctoral programs, Advanced Certificate programs, Master’s programs, as well as Bachelor’s and Associate’s degrees and continuing education programs.
- 1 of 25 colleges in the CUNY system.
- As CSI’s Drupal 7 website began reaching its end-of-life, the Information Technology team was faced with ‘spaghetti’ code that couldn’t be directly transferred to Drupal 9. They sought external Drupal expertise to make this upgrade as seamless as possible before the encroaching migration deadline in 2023.
- Website content and styling was difficult for the CSI Team to manage and a major pain point for CSI’s development team and content editors.
- CSI wanted an enhanced admin and user experience, with improved security, faster performance, and better integration with Google Analytics.
- ADA compliance and accessibility is very important to CSI’s campus, and they sought a more accessible site.
- Workflow Design
- Web Development
- Drupal 9
0%Reduction in Templates
0%Decrease in Superfluous Users
Working with FFW was an unbelievably wonderful experience. They are so knowledgeable, professional, and always willing to go above and beyond. We have worked with other vendors and never experienced this high level of support. This is our second contract with FFW and would only use them moving forward. Not only did FFW do a remarkable job, but they taught and shared knowledge with the programming team so we could maintain and develop new functionality on the site after they completed the project. FFW has a very organized system of task completion and we learned a lot from their strategies and practices which made our everyday job less stressful and more productive. CSI was able to ask many questions and get answers on a one to one basis.